__________________________________

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Story of me Becoming a Microsoft Student Partner

September 2007:

"Yawn! What to do next?" - That was the kind of boy who I am. So after joining my newly opened college, I was wondering whether I would get any opportunities to express myself. All of a sudden one day I heard that people from Microsoft are coming to our college. I was like WTF!?! Microsoft to our newly opened college!? That was Amazing! I went around boasting about it lol!

The day before the program, I stayed back in college to help out do the audio and visual arrangements. Then I saw the Microsoft People! They were Siddharth Prakash, Mayur Tendulkar and Sumedh Sakdeo. I spoke so formal and after engaging in conversation for a while, I happened to ask how were your college days, and the response I got from them was "Dude, I'm still in College!"

Shocked I was, I wanted to become one too! And to my luck, they were recruiting MSPs!! I attended the group discussions and interview. Now comes the worst part. The selection, I had butterflies in my stomach! Then I overeheard a couple of people who said that I was not selected. [:(] Sigh... When I spoke to Mayur, He too said that I was not selected cuz I was not good enough. It was very depressing, the results were not yet announced though. I decided to improve myself and get recruited the next time!

After a few days, I got a call. I was wondering who it was. It was from Microsoft!! They said that I was selected for the program and they wanted to have a telephonic interview. My happiness knew no bounds lol! I almost ended up kissing my friend! (Friend is guy and I'm not gay) 

So thats the story of me becoming a Microsoft Student Partner!

0 comments: